The Holiday Giving Program
The Holiday Giving and Special Moments Program at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is a joyful way to celebrate family and friends with memorable holiday cards while funding vital programs focused on patient programs, innovative research, community outreach, patient assistance and education programs. These generous gifts make a difference for MD Anderson patients and families all year long.
This year-round giving opportunity has brought joy to countless families through memorable holiday and special moments cards, which have generated more than $10.7 million since the program launched in 1990.
In 2020, the Holiday Giving Program disbursement of funds provided support for the following programs:
- Western Regional Desmoid Tumor Patient Meeting: In this collaborative effort of the Desmoid Tumor Research Foundation and MD Anderson, invited experts present information to educate patients and their caregivers about the various aspects of managing desmoid tumors.
- Breakthrough in Church Health Research Conference: This conference brings together church leaders, congregants, health professionals and cancer experts from across the country to address cancer health disparities in African American communities.
- 2020 Survivorship Week Events: During the month of June, banners and posters were displayed on the skybridge between Mays Clinic and the Main Building, and each disease center received a decorative basket that included event calendars, a variety of Children’s Art Project cards and survivor/caregiver stickers.
- Social Work Lodging and Meal Tickets: This program provides financial support to patients experiencing financial hardship due to out-of-pocket expenses related to their medical care.
- Arts in Medicine: This program funds the purchase of musical instruments used with patients during one-on-one bedside visits and group classes, art-making materials used at bedside and in group programs, and other materials that can be distributed to patients, such as watercolors, acrylic paint, drawing materials, sketchbooks and sculpture materials.
- High School Donor Program Scholarship: Allows high school seniors the opportunity to raise awareness and educate the public about the importance of donating blood for MD Anderson’s cancer patients. The program greatly impacts patient care due to the ongoing shortage of blood products.
To learn more or support the Holiday Giving and Special Moments Program, please email email@example.com or call 800-525-5841.